Ice cube recognition debug problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've got a cy3268 and I've programmed It correctly using the ice-cube. My problem is that when I try to debug using the ice-cube I get the message-window that says that the designer cannot connect to the ice. The message is exactly the one in the jpg that I have attached. I get the message after doing Debug->Connect from the menu of PSoCDesigner. The ice-cube is connected to the cy3268 in the same way It was when I downloaded the program in the board and in that occasion everything worked fine. I'm using PSoCDesigner 5.1 which I've recently downloaded.

Thanks for the help and have a nice day.

Trinca Claudio 

0 Likes
3 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Some points to check:

Which connector are you using to connect the ICE to the board and program the device?  The 5 pin ISSP header or the OCD connector using the RJ45 cable?   For connecting to the debugger, you need to use the OCD connector

Did you program the chip by opening the PSoC programmer software separately?  If yes, close the PSoC Programmer as that software will have locked the USB port to access the ICE.

Open the Project >> Settings dialog and select the "Debugger" option.  The default parameter for the "Pod Power Source" is "ICE may power pod".  When this option is selected, the ICE cube will supply power to the board.  But as this is a lighting kit, the board may draw higher power than what the ICE cube can supply.  Change this parameter to "External only" and power the board using the external power supply and then try to connect.

If the Pod power source is already selected to "External only" then make sure that the board is powered before trying to connect.

Let me know if one of the above solves your problem.

Best Regards,
Ganesh
The PSoC Hacker

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Graa,

I've checked the cable (I use the RJ45 blue cable to debug), only the designer is opened (not the programmer) when I trie to debug, the external only power option is checked but still when I trie to debug I get the message that I've written in the second post.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Trinca Claudio

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

I observed a strange behavior when I tried to debug a project on my laptop.  The very first time, I click the connect button, I always get the error.  But when I retry, the connection is successful the second time and after that I am able to debug fine.  Can you retry connect and see if the connection happens.

Just to confirm, are you powering the board with the wall adaptor?

Best Regards,

Ganesh

The PSoC Hacker

0 Likes