"Open Data Sheet" command bug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have found a bug in PSoC Creator. I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, but I don't know where should I look for current bug reports (and where should I put my report as well).

When I open a TopDesign.cysch file and try to use the "Open Data Sheet" command on any component I get the following error:

gde.M0025: Cannot launch PDF reader  Unable to launch a PDF reader. Install a PDF reader and make sure that it is associated with PDF files. Until this is done, this application will not be able to display component data sheets.

However, when I use the Component Catalog tool window to open datasheets everything works fine.

After this, trying to open a datasheet for any component in the TopDesign window will open a datasheet, but not for the selected component. It will be datasheet for the component that is currently selected in the Component Catalog window instead.

I am sorry for my English, but I hope you understand what I mean .

My software:

PSoC Creator 1.0 Prod (7727)

PDF Reader: Foxit Reader 4.3.1.0218

Best regards 

Thomas

usoPreviewPopup   

usoPreviewPopup   

usoPreviewPopup   
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thomas,

your English is just fine. Thank you for reporting this issue. We will look into the bahaviour with opening PDF files.

If you find more problems with Creator, this is actually a good place to post, we are checking the forum very regularly.

Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same behavior happening with PSoC Creator 1.0.

"Get Data Sheet" results in

"gde.M0025: Cannot launch PDF reader.

Unable to launch a PDF reader. Install a PDF reader and make sure that it is associated with PDF files. Until this is done, this application will not be able to display component data sheets."

I use Foxit Reader 4.3.1.0323, which is registered as the default pdf handler, on Windows XP SP3.

Trying to avoid using Acrobloat, so I will probably just make an HTML page with links to all the pdfs.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Idonthaveanickname:

If you don't want to make a HTML file, remember that you can open datasheets by right clicking components in the Component Catalog window. It works fine with FoxitReader.

Regards
Tom

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same problem using PDF X-Change Pro (ver 2.0.54) and PSoC Creator ver 1.0.0.7727.

I can confirm that accessing the datasheet from the catalogue's context menu also works fine.

So far, this is the only glitch in what is otherwise a pretty damn nice IDE. I hope such a minor issue can be fixed soon.

-PCPete

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. Interesting.

The 3rd time I started PSoC Creator, I "accidentally" clicked on the Data Sheet button for a component that I already had open in my PDF Viewer app via the Component Catalog, and the application focus switched to the viewer.

Now I can't duplicate the original problem, so I can't tell if it was

a) the fact that this wasn't the first time I'd run the app (indicating maybe a registry value updated on app closure), or

b) if it had something to do with having the document already open in the external app.

Either way, it's worth a try.

Good luck!

0 Likes