Assembly Debug in PSoc IDE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I'm using the PSoC 5 (DVK1 Dev Board and the CY8C55 module). I am able to debug and single step a simple C - program I wrote but I cant seem to find any assembly single stepping for the ARM instructions. It doesnt seem to be listed in the manual either.

Thanks already,

kAbhijit

0 Likes
1 Solution
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

You can open the Disassembly Window in Active Debug mode from the Debug > Windows menu.  If you are not in Active Debug mode, the menu shows only Breakpoints and Output window options.

Once you add the Disassembly window to your project, it will show up every time you debug from then on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

......... I am able to debug and single step a simple C - program I wrote but I cant seem to find any assembly single stepping for the ARM instructions.........

This is possible by opening up the disassembly window.  When you perform a step operation with the disassembly window open it performs a single ASM step.

hth, Robert

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

You can open the Disassembly Window in Active Debug mode from the Debug > Windows menu.  If you are not in Active Debug mode, the menu shows only Breakpoints and Output window options.

Once you add the Disassembly window to your project, it will show up every time you debug from then on.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked!

Thanks!

~Abhijit

0 Likes