SAMTEC connectors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a lead on the SAMTEC connectors used on the PSoC modules?  SAMTEC has given me a lead time of 16 days to make the connectors. I may just rip them off of the dev kit unless someone knows where I can buy them.  As this is currently the only method of interfacing with the PSoC aside from the dev kit it seems strange that they be so hard to find.\

Thanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you referring to the 10 pin programming header.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if I'm butting in... 

U2, the SAMTEC headers are the 4 connectors between the PSOC CPU boards and the dev kit. The debug headers are just as hard to find, but they're listed as Digilent manufactured.

SKvSG : Has SAMTEC quoted on the cost of the connectors? I just assumed they'd be horribly expensive, so I did without in my robot design. I just plonked down the PSoC5 and routed direct from the pins - which is a PITA. If they're reasonably priced (and we don't have to wait months for them to cook up a batch), I'd order a tube lot of males and females right away.   

-PCPete   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

$4.20 each and after expediting shipping they should get here on the 12th.  I did not know the PSoC 5 was available for purchase, I thought that premounted engineering samples were only available.  The connectors could end up being really convenient but the cost of a premounted psoc module vs loose TQFP would probably outweigh it's convience.  

0 Likes