impossible to establish connection with TI BTool & Wiced sens

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon

i added a USB to BLE dongle on my PC (based with TI CC2540). With this dongle i can successfuly connect to TI sensorTAG but not with BROADCOM Wiced sense.

I see advertisement datas, i successfully list the WICED sense in the slave BDA but impossible to establish a connection.

Is there anybody who already got this problem ? is there any work around ?

thank you

best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We are not sure why the TI dongle cannot connect to our WICED Sense EVB.

Essentially, if the TI device sends connection requests, connections to the WICED Sense device should occur.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello elanoy,

Please download our SDK 2.2 and you can study the WICED Sense embedded code.

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows)

A few hints:

1. There is a Wake Button to wake up the BLE Connection
  2. Please see extensive WICED Sense Documentation here: WICED Sense Table of Contents
  3. The WICED Sense send very fast Notifications to an Android/iOS device
  4. Have you been able do examine the WICED Sense Characteristics?  When you see the source code in the SDK, you can scan for these using BTool or SmartRF Studio.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

"I see advertisement datas, i successfully list the WICED sense in the slave BDA but impossible to establish a connection."

If you are able to see advertisement data then you have connected . Did you mean connect as in pair ?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We are not sure why the TI dongle cannot connect to our WICED Sense EVB.

Essentially, if the TI device sends connection requests, connections to the WICED Sense device should occur.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi elanoy,

if this can help you, I cannot exactly say for the TI usb dongle and the BTool, but I can tell for the TI CC2540. I managed to successfully connect with the wiced sense tag using a usb dongle BLED112 that is also based on the TI CC2540 using their PC Gui tool, I could also browse for the characteristics and descriptors.

Wassim

0 Likes