Problem with device not loaded in device library in Designer 4.4 when opening an example project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        When trying to work with my CY3212 development board I am having problem opening an example project. I am using PSoC Designer 4.4 and the most recent example projects downloaded from Cypress. When I open a project I get the following error message:   

"The specified part is not loaded in the device library.   
Status 0xc00426c0   
Subsystem: PSoC Device Editor Engine"   

It looks that Designer has the appropriate user modules for the device present in the development board, since I can create a project from scratch and select the proper device and the CSR user module that it needs to use the CapSense features.   

But I really would like to be able to open the example projects to study them and use as a learning help. Any help will be welcome. Thanks.   
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Problem solved, it was a directory setup problem with my Windows installation.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at someone else's project and kept seeing this error every time I loaded the project.  I didn't realize that PSoC Desiger projects look for a file called PSoCConfig.xml by default.  If a file by that name isn't present in your project folder, you'll see "The specified part is not loaded in the device library" upon trying to open a project.

In my case I didn't realize that this xml was given a bunch of aliases in my project folder.  I was expected to rename the xml file I wanted to use, to get the associated project to load properly.

0 Likes