Problem using CY8CLED16P01-28PVXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just bought 5 pieces of CY8CLED16P01-28PVXI and I solder it on my design circuit based on the CY3276 application notes. I implement the PLT user module in PSoC Designer and install on the chip. I use a simple transmitting code given by the example from PLC application notes. However, the chip won't transmit any data out from the FSK_OUT pin and so as the other four new pieces. The following attachment is my sample code. May I know what is the problem?

Thanks and your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

mel

0 Likes
9 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Let me try to get some information from concerned experts on this topic.

Best Regards,

Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Melvin,

Add PLT_AutoSetBIUThreshold(); before the while loop.

The BIU conditon must be getting triggered as the Noise Threshold by default is set very low. AutoBIUThreshold should be able to fix that.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Aditya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Aditya, Thanks for your suggestion. It actually work fine for four chips but the other one still malfunction. Thanks for your help, appreciate it very much Regards, mel   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

If four chips are working fine, then I think this is not a firmware issue.  Should have something to do with the board.  Check carefully for cold solders, shorts, cut tracks etc on the board that does not work.

Best Regards,

Ganesh

The PSoC Hacker

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

I have program the PLT Module and PWM Module in CY8CLED16P01 and implement it with my LED fixtures. The program works when I use oscilloscope but it wont works with LED fixtures. The program somehow cannot transmit signal and receive signal when i supply to LED fixtures. May i know what is the problem? Could it be the noise produced by the LED which intefere the microcontroller?

The attached file is my code. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Melvin

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

This should be definitely a hardware problem.  Maybe your power supply is not able to supply the required current to LED.  Check the Vdd with oscilloscope and find out if the Vdd has noise.

Best Regards,

Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

most probably there will be a grounding issue. you said that whenever oscilloscope is conneted output is coming it means grounding is obtaind because of the scope only . check out the ground once.

Regards

Vishnu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melvin,

Thanks for asking this query. Actly we got help from the code you posted.

@Adiy

yeah, we included AutoSetBIUThreshold();

That works.

Great help. Thank you very much. It helped us in our PLC project.

@ Moderator,

But the sample code given in PLT datasheet (PSoC Desogner) gives error. Do check that please.

Thanks once again.

regards,

-Makarand

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Makarand,

I have asked the PLC team to have a look at the issue with the sample code in UM data sheet and get it fixed.

Best Regards,

Ganesh

0 Likes