FIFO Component Not Operational in PSoC 5?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Following more tests with the FIFO component (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=46730), it seems as if the component does not work with the PSoC 5 device. I do not see any interrupts coming from the pin. Can Cypress confirm if there is an issue? Is there a workaround?

DiodeDan

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, attached is an image of the setup.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should enable interrupt generation logic within status register. This code should help you:

(*(reg8 *)FIFOIn_1_StsReg__STATUS_AUX_CTL_REG) |= 0x10;

Replace "FIFOIn_1"  with the instance name of the component in your design. Good place in your application to insert this code is the next line of code after component start.

Then check if you set appropriate interrupt source (status mask register). If no, use FIFOIn_SetInterruptMode API of the component.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find a FIFO component in PSOC Creator 3.2 SP1 and I can't find the FIFO component in the picture above.  Did I miss it somewhere?  The catalog search usually solves all my problems.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is no FIFO component in Creator, but Brad Budlong has created one as you can see in his blog. Zip-files provided at the end of his blog.

Bob

0 Likes