Somewhere to share components

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5
First like given 25 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi everyone,

I mentioned it on another thread, but I though it deserved its own thread.

It would be great if there were somewhere to share components we've created. People, right now, are creating new peripherals for the PSoC, and each one makes the PSoC a more valuable microcontroller.

Please, please, can Cypress set up some place for people to upload their own components. Perhaps even a forum here would be appropriate. That way, people can comment on the components, and ask for help.

Many thanks

Hugo Elias

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hugo,

"It would be great if there were somewhere to share components we've created."  Oh yes

"People, right now, are creating new peripherals for the PSoC, and each one makes the PSoC a more valuable microcontroller. Please, please, can Cypress set up some place for people to upload their own components. Perhaps even a forum here would be appropriate. That way, people can comment on the components, and ask for help."

We have been discussion a practicable solution to create a platform to share, and going one step further may be a platform to buy new components. Possibilities with PSoC are (almost) endless and Cypress wants to encourage PSoC users to share and innovate.

For now this forum for Creator can be the place to post component solutions but we agree there should be something dedicated in future.

Your proposal did not end up in the void, it has been very well received! Thank you for bringing it up.

Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given how the Creator software and components are "free", I'm not too sure how well received a "pay for components" section would be. I know I greatly appreciate the effort that Cypress puts into making components available but I certainly wouldn't pay for an "off the shelf " part. Custom component development as a form of consulting is a whole other story...I wouldn't pay for that either but it would be something of value to offer.

I do like the idea of component crowd sourcing. However, an organized effort where Cypress reviews them, rates, selects and cleans them up for inclusion in a future version would greatly help the community as well as Cypress.

0 Likes