How to overdrive XRES

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

My design uses an external power monitor/watchdog driving XRES for PUR and Watchdog functions. Unfortunately the Miniprog3 also uses XRES. Any suggestions on how to overdrive the external XRES signal (the watchdog will timeout during programming). I could use something like a resistor to isolate the external XRES, but I have no idea on the miniprog drive strength, and whether it can successfully overdrive in this mode.

0 Likes
2 Replies
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

Hi Edmund,

What is PUR to which you have referred here? Also, when you are talking about watchdog then whose watchdog timer you are talking about and how connectingt o XRES pin is helping. 

Miniprog uses XRES pin for programming but PSoC3 does have a configurable XRES pin which can be used but I would like to know the functionality you are using here.

Best regards,

Pushek

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need an external watchdof timer for extra security and to reset other devices includung the Psoc. I am using the MAX6301 for the timer, wired to XRES. Unfortunately XRES is also used by the programmer, hence my question, how do I overdrive the XRES so the watchdog does not interfere with the programmer?

Ed

0 Likes