cyload question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the DvkUsersGuide.pdf section "Firmware Download Drivers" it says in the description of cyload.spt that it is "the bulkloop firmware example".  When I download that firmware, the string descriptors show up on the host as [0]="Cypress" and [1]="EZ-USB FX2".  After looking at the bulkloop sources in the examples directory, in dscr.a51 i see 3 string descriptors:   [0]=09h,04h   [1]="Cypress" and [2]="EZ-USB"

So question 1) what is that first string index, that contains two bytes 09,04?

and question 2) Why does windows see the last string as "EZ-USB FX2" and the dscr.a51 has StringDscr2 as only "EZ-USB"?  

Is this not where these strings come from?

many thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14319 is FX2 kit. It is obsolete but still in site since it has source code of most of the older utilities. Installing it should create the FX2 folder with the examples and you should be able to see the descriptor I'm talking about.

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

09, 04 is the language ID string descriptor. 0x0409 --> English

Look at the bulkloop example in FX2 folder the string descriptor is "EZ-USB FX2". So that must be source of the cyload.spt.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's exactly what I did do.. looked at dscr.a51 in examples\fx2lp\bulkloop. And StringDscr2 is defined as "EZ-USB"... and NOT "EZ-USB FX2"   ..  what am i missing?

thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm talking about FX2 folder....

C:\Cypress\USB\examples\FX2\bulkloop

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, something wrong here.. I don't have a folder by that name. I am using the CD that came with the CY3684 DVK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

under c:\cypress\USB\examples i have two folders, "FX1" and "FX2LP"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14319 is FX2 kit. It is obsolete but still in site since it has source code of most of the older utilities. Installing it should create the FX2 folder with the examples and you should be able to see the descriptor I'm talking about.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

great! thank you 🙂 

0 Likes