Eclipse IDE compilation errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon downloading and installing the windows version of the WICED Smart SDK, I can compile without errors by selecting a target.  But the Eclipse IDE seems to be using a different compiler, and gives me a bunch of errors when I look at the code. It doesn't affect the final compilation, but is kind of irritating to look at.  Does anyone know how to fix this or turn off the automatic compilation? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

To turn them off

Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Code Analysis -> Syntax and Semantic Errors: OFF

pastedImage_0.png

To turn them off, some are references to the backend.

Thanks,

Vikram

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Can you post the errors from the output window here and tell us which version of the SDK you are using (2.?) and which platform.

I have never heard anyone complain about this issue.

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The version from Help->about gives:

WICED Smart IDE - Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 2.1.1

I am using the 2.2.0 SDK for windows.

I think that the errors I'm seeing are caused by the Eclipse IDE using a different C compiler than the makefiles.  So when I actually Make Target, everything compiles OK.

I've tried adding include paths by

Project->C/C++ General->Preprocessor Include paths

and that does get me part of the way, but still some errors remain.

In case the attachment doesn't work, here are some of the errors:

Description        Resource        Path        Location        Type

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_HIGH' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 812        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_LOW' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 713        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_MID' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 749        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_LED_STATE_IDLE' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 995        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_MID_LOW' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 851        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_LED_STATE_IDLE' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 587        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_LOW' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 627        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_LED_STATE_RUNNING' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 544        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_LED_STATE_RUNNING' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 562        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_MID_HIGH' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 636        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_HIGH' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 639        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_LED_STATE_IDLE' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 376        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_MID_LOW' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 630        Semantic Error

Symbol 'WICED_SENSE_BUZZER_MID' could not be resolved        wiced_sense.c        /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/WICED_SENSE        line 633        Semantic Errorscreenshot.png

0 Likes

That's the issue. Within our implementation of the Eclipse IDE, you must compile and load using the Make target, not the menu structure at the top of the IDE.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware that to really compile, I use make target. And that does work for me.

My question was about the visual clutter of all the errors thrown by the IDE, which we both agree are erroneous.  Is there a way to turn them off?

I notice they are present even in the wiced sense firmware walkthrough video, so maybe not.

0 Likes

To turn them off

Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Code Analysis -> Syntax and Semantic Errors: OFF

pastedImage_0.png

To turn them off, some are references to the backend.

Thanks,

Vikram

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Ideally, the analysis could be connected to the correct compiler, but turning them off is the next best thing.

0 Likes