two questions of bmattribute

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Anand!

1,In the endpoint descriptor,when in isochronous transfer the bmAttributes's bit 3:2 defines Synchronization Type as :No Synchronization/Asynchronous/Adaptive/Synchronous, what's the differences among them?  To maximrize the transfer speed, how to set it?

2,The bmAttributes's bit 5:4 defines Usage Type as :Data endpoint/Feedback endpoint/Implicit feedback Data endpoint, what's the differences among them?  

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at your question I assume you're talking about a specific USB class protocol and not generic USB protocol. Is my understanding right? If so please let me know the protocol  you're referring to, if you can provide me a link to the document you're referring it would be much better.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        oh,I just be curious about it when I read the standard endpoint descriptor in USB specification's chapter 9.6.6. I don't know how to set the value. but I have transfered succesfully when set them to zero.Thank you! Anand.Best Regards.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not really paid attention to this part of the spec. Section 5.12.4 (page 72) seems to explain this in detail.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes