PSoC 5 First Touch Starter kit drivers problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

FTK Software installation process is OK, but no drivers has found when I connect USB cable to device.
Reinstallation has no effect, "unknown device" in the system hardware list. I think, this is windows problem, should be possible to take PSoC 5 FTK board drivers independently?
OS - Windows 7 64-bit.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to install FTK5 software on Win7 32 bit system, and everything is OK.

In document "PSoC® Programmer 3.12 Beta Release Notes" windows 7 64-bit support is declared (page 6).
Who have the same problem, and found workaround?

0 Likes
TeHe_281121
Level 3
Level 3

I have FTSK working on win 7 x64.

My Kit CD was blank (empty), so I had to download the CD contents from Cypress website.

If you are still having a problem, I suggest you do the same.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you make the Miniprog3 work? I have Windows 7 64bit. I can't make the Miniprog3 install?

Any Help

Philip

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reinstall your OS. Win7 have permanent problems with drivers, and all drivers too.

I not using Miniprog, but PSOC 5 FTK driver problem may be similar. I solved it by reinstalling OS. After first start, I installed all system drivers and PSOC 5 FTK driver. Its run correctly.

Before this I cant install PSOC drivers in many ways. Total old driver cleaning, registry cleaning and so on has no effect.

Try this one.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read your post with excitment. installing Windows 7 64bit was a pain. Is it possible for you to list the steps required to run the miniprog3? I have all the hardware. I am just missing the driver for miniprog3.

Thank You,

Philip 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to install FTK driver manually?

Recently I had the same problem with PSoC5 First Touch on Windows 7 x64. The PSoC First Touch FTK package was installed successfully, but the chip still was "unknown device" for th OS, and PSoC Creator also didn't recognize it.

Try this solution:

1) Open OS' properties menu and select Hardware Manager (the translation may be incorrect; I use Russian version of Windows 7).

2)  Find the "unknown device"  (in my case it was CY8C5588AXI) and select "update drivers" option. In the next dialog choose manual mode.

3) As the target file select C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\3.13\drivers\ftk5\ftk5.inf. After installation you'll a message that the driver for "FTK (unconfigured)" was successfully installed.    

(the path depends on place where you installed the PSoC Programmer).

4) Thats all! After these steps PSoC Creator will automatically configure the chip, you even do not need to restart it.

For PSoC 3 and PSoC 1 you need to choose ftk3 or ftk directories, respectively. The base path is the same as for the example above.

Best wishes from Ukraine! 🙂

0 Likes