TX8_PutCRL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm using the TX8 to send data through RS232. the data is received on Labview API. I have problems when the value is recieved there, because is like Labview no detect the terminator chart. As I read in the datasheet of TX8 the function TX8_PutCRL send an 0x0D ('\r') and 0x0A ('\n'). I put it this function after I send the value of the data.

Which terminator chart determine every data? 

Thanks for your feedbacks!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

One note:

I tested it with Hyperterminal to see if the transmission works, and runs properly. So, I don't understand why with teminal session runs well and with Labview not.

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Why dont you just capture the raw data in Labview and analyze what values are being received.  Once you have the raw data, then you can easily add a condition to compare if the terminator has been received.

Best Regards,

Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Graa,

I have been reading that is necessary to put a MAX232 between the PSOC DB9 output and the DB9 input of the PC. Is why I can't recieve the data properly in labview?

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Yes.  For reliable communication with PC, you have to translate the TTL level signals from PSoC to RS232 level signals of PC.  For this you need to use a transceiver like MAX232. 

If you are seeing the characters in Hyperterminal (maybe the interface is working marginally with the TTL signals), you should be able to see them in Labview as well.  So, apart from using MAX232 driver chip, you may have to trouble shoot the Labview side of communication as well.

Best Regards,

Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks graa!

It was a problem of Labview... However it runs well without MAX232...I guess is happening what you told me in your last post !

Thanks so much for your support!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also had trouble using Labview to collect data over the com port. What was the solution to get this working?

0 Likes