Drivers INF for windows 7 x64

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
I’ve followed the instructions at http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=39486 and the help file to create the attached inf. I’ve based my INF on ‘\wlh\x64’.
Booting windows 7 I select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” (F8).
Yet I get an error that windows weren’t able to find a driver (“Windows could not find driver for your device.”).

I didn’t get the error/warning that the driver isn’t signed, meaning the problem is with the INF.
I looked at it over and over again.. yet I can’t find the problem..

Can you please have a look, it should be trivial but I just can’t see it.

Thanks,
Ariel.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am terribly sorry.. for the triple(!) post, got an error the first two times.

I can’t seem to find the option to delete posts I’ve created.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

..The file attached as zip, maybe thats why I got an error? (there was no description)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ariel,

The ; in front of the VID/PID combination statement is actually commenting out that statement.
inf files use ; for comments.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you aasi! I can't believe I missed that!

Why was there a ; in the original file? its a silly mistake but easily missed, http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=44581 (might be the same problem)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ariel,

Where did you get the original file from?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ariel,

I saw one of your forum entries indicating that you have created a wrapper for Delphi, specifically for the EZ-USB FX2 driver. I am looking for exactly this type of solution as I develop using Delphi 6. I would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction of how to create this wrapper with simple read write functions. Or if you have example code which I could then see how its done.

Best Regards

Richard

0 Likes