Error while import new component to PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have imported "Thermistor_Calc" to PSoC Creator CyComponentLibary.cyprj from "AN66477-PSoC35 Temperature Measurement with Thermistor" .

Then I created my project and add the Thermistor_Calc component.  But there always has error while I built my project.  See below screenshots. And it is surprising that no any error notice while I built the origin AN66477 project. And the config window is differenct between them.

Also, there is no Component Preview in Component Catalog. Seems it has not been imported successful. But I do not know why.  Anyone can help?

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a complete screenshots with error description.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi WeiBiao,

I think there is an issue with the way in which you are importing the Thermistor_Calc component.

The project associated along with the AN has a cylib folder named Thermistor_Calc_v1_0.cylib. This cylib should be used to add dependency to the project which requires this component.

Hence, in the project where you want to use the Thermistor_Clac Component go to Project > Dependencies

The Dependencies dialog box opens. In the User Dependencies, click on New Entry.

Now select Thermistor_Calc_v1_0 under Thermistor_Calc_v1_0.cylib folder.

Click OK.

Now the Component will appear in your component catalog in a new tab called CYRef under Thermistor folder. The snap shot below shows the Dependencies dialog box.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear dasq:

It is great ! The error has been solved. Thanks!

But I do not know why other component can be import easily? No need to set the Dependencies? Like SGPIO or FanController?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi WeiBiao,

I am not sure why in your case direct importing of the custom component resulted in an error.

In PSoC Creator, importing of component creates a local copy of the component in the project. This component can be modified.

When dependency is added to a component, the custom component can be used in the project, but cannopt be modified.

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

WeiBiao,

I think the answer to your question is when importing other components there is probably not an underlying dependent library, but I am not familiar with the SGPIO or FanController to be sure.

If there is an underlying dependency for those projects, it might be that you already have those dependecies in your design?

0 Likes