PSoC1 code protection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We wish to protect our embedded PSoC1 code against attempts to read the code out of programmed chips and reverse engineer it and copy it to other devices. Can anyone point me to documentation describing the level of code protection and any settings that may be required during device programming in order to ensure that code cannot be read out of programmed PSoC1 devices?

Regards,

David Drori

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same doubt and I am really SURPRISED that noone has answered this question.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hi,

PSoC1 Code protection is really easy:

Go to Workspace Explorer and open flashsecurity.txt in your project. You are able to change the protection setting for each block of flash, with the following options:

W: Full:          SROM READ                  EXTERNAL READ                 EXTERNAL WRITE                 INTERNAL WRITE    
R: Field Upgrade          SROM READ                   EXTERNAL READ                 EXTERNAL WRITE        INTERNAL WRITE
F: Factory            SROM READ                 EXTERNAL READ         EXTERNAL WRITE    INTERNAL WRITE
U: Unprotected   SROM READ   EXTERNAL READ    EXTERNAL WRITE    INTERNAL WRITE

The Flash settings will be embedded withing the HEX file and automatically programmed according to while programming.

Regards,
Rolf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thaknyou Rolf. This really helps. Other documentation was little confusing.

So we need to keep setting to "w" to prevent theft of our firmware!

0 Likes