High speed in stead of super speed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using the cyfxbulklpauto and cyfxbulkstreams, I added to the two firmwares some line with to see if the connection used are the  high speed or the super speed and I found that both goes on High speed.

Line added:

else if (glUsbSpeed == CY_U3P_HIGH_SPEED)

{

endPointConfig.pcktSize = 512;

CyU3PDebugPrint (4, "High Speed\n");

}

else if (glUsbSpeed == CY_U3P_SUPER_SPEED)

{

endPointConfig.pcktSize = 1024;

CyU3PDebugPrint (4, "Super Speed\n");

}

Because of this the average transfert rate do not exceed the 35MB/s.

To test this firware I'm using the two C++ application distributed with the SDK.

I have to change some parameter to enable super speed?

Athos

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the hardware being used (DVK or custom hardware)?

What is the USB3 host being used? You checked the proper enumeration to super-speed before trying to enumerate FX3 to high-speed?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the DVK rev2

as host I use patriot superspeed USB PCI-e/Express card with a Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller

You checked the proper enumeration to super-speed before trying to enumerate FX3 to high-speed?
I'm not sure of this question I havent change the firmware code to try an high speed enumeration. I only add the debug line to check if the super speed was efectively used or not.

When I download the firmware into the FX3 with the control center the speed remain high speed and dont change into super speed.

Regards,

Athos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The examples should work in super-speed.

When I said did you check super-speed enumeration I meant keeping FX3 in USB boot mode and enumerating it. Then checking it is enumerating in super-speed to ensure that there is no issue with the hardware setup.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our boot-loader will enumerate in high-speed it seems. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm currently checking with our software team to see if there is any other dependencies. Will get back to you on this.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for the help the problem was in my pc that was to old for the PCIe card now I change pc and super speed is enabled the only issue still not working is the stream.

when I press start on the gui of the c++ stream application in the message box appears :

Xfer request rejected. NTSTATUS = c000000d

and nothing is transmitted

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704588%28v=prot.10%29.aspx for the meaning of the NTSTATUS value meaning.

It seems a invalid parameter is being passed. Which example are you using? Are you using it "as is"?

Which firmware are you using?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using the example of the C++ stream application present in the Cypress SuperSpeed USBSuite Beta1 folder

and as firmware the compiled version of the exampple present in the C:\Cypress\FX3 SDK\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulkstreams folder

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sorry for disturb again but someone have found something about this error?

In addition I'm using a windows 7 64bit as OS.

Thanks in advance

Athos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallo, did you managed to solve the error message in the bulk steaming application... ? or you got help from Cypress ?

I get exactly the same problems as you reported previously: the NT error on the streamer and generally I'm not able to get the performances which Cypress is claiming ...

Please, if you found a way out post it on the forum  (Cypress doesn’t seems to be too reactive on this issue).

Regards, Joel

0 Likes