How fingerprint attendence system can be designed using CY8C34 kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you tell us more about what you are trying to do ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now i am working on fingerprint matching algorithm and its matlab program. After that if i want to impliment it on PSoC-3 CY8C34 then what should i do?Whether  i need to convert my matlab file in any other formate or i need to program in any other tool?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got the concept. my matlab program will run at server side and the CY8C34 kit will be at fingerprint fatching side and wireless unit side. so the image aquired by my sensor will go to server for checking. Now i need to program my kit to work as wireless support unit and Fingerprint  device. How this can be done? Using C language programming is it possible?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

• It is possible to develop a complete Finger Print Biometric system using PSoC as the stand-alone device.  But it will need significant amount of effort since, the image that is acquired has to be first normalised, a template needs to be extracted from the image and then it has to be matched against standard pattern for identification. 
  •     
  • A simpler solution for you would be to get the image and transmit the same to a powerful processor on your computer via USB or UART and perform the processing on the PC itself. Wireless devices have their own limitation on maximum data throughput.
  •     
  • For progrmaming PSoC to achieve your task you can use C language. However to program PSoC, routines are provided in the form of APIs. First PSoC needs to be configured in a particular manner using PSoC Creator IDE, subsequently firmware has to be written to determine the behaviour of the configuration that was just created.
  •    
0 Likes