Reading the status of port pin in CY8C9560A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to obtain the status of a port pin of CY8C9560A after sending a value. Can I get the status by reconfiguring the same port as input and reading it?

0 Likes
3 Replies
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

If you meant that at one moment you want to configure a pin as an output and after some time as an input then yes you can do that.

Best regards,

Pushek

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me elaborate.

For example, suppose port A is configured as output port and the value 32H is sent. Now it is reconfigured as input port and read. Would I get back the value 32H?

In the datasheet attached, it says in page 3 that, "

It is significant for me because I have to include a status check of the port in my project.

Regards

Sojan

When the Input register is read, the external pin logic levels are captured and transferred".

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me elaborate.

For example, suppose Port A is configured as output port and a value 32H is sent. Now it is reconfigured as input port and is read. Would I get back the value 32H?

In the datasheet attached, it says in page 3 that "when the input register is read, the external pin logic levels are captured and transferred".

It is significant for me since I have to include a status check of the port in my project.

Regards

SOJAN

0 Likes