Error Code 997

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am developing the USB communication between PC and PSoC3. The PSoC3 board I am using is CY8KIT-030, PC OS is Windows 7, development language is C#.  The interface I am using is CyUSB.dll.

When I send the single command from PC to PSoC3, everything is well. The PSoC could receive the command and do the response. But when I sent a serial commands, the PC program died. When I added some delay time (50ms) between the two commands, it was doing well.

I also tried the sample projects downloaded from Cypress. The PSoC projects is "USBFS_Bulk_Wraparound", while the C# project is "CyControlVS2010.csproj". When I click the mouse button with a long time interval, it was doing well, but if I clicked the mouse button very quickly, the same thing happened, and it had a error code 997. Please refer to the attched picture.

By the way, I did not have the administrator privilege on Windows 7. Is it possible the reason?

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The error code 997 refers I/O pending for the overlapped to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681388(v=vs.85).aspx. PSoC3 has a full-speed USB. You're most probably sending a big transfer and clicking transfer again before the previous one completes.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

But the bytes I am transfering is just 8 bytes. I think it is not a too big transfer.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see only 64 byte transfers in the screenshot. One other thing I wanted to check is, is there enough buffer on the device side to consume the packet that you sent?

Have you hooked up a CATC to see what is going on in the bus.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anand,

Yes,o n that screenshot, it was 64bytes. Actually, when I changed data length to 8bytes, it still got such error code. The buffer size on the device side I used is 64bytes. I am new to develop USB, is CATC a USB analyzer?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It is a USB analyzer. What i meant to ask is when you send data does the device have a free buffer to store that data or not?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes