would you please give me some information about the 32 endpoints in FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, evvery one.

I'd like to know the information of endpoints,such as the size,the access from ARM core and GPIF, how to configure them……. however,I don't find it in the programmers' manual. The datasheet doesn't include this info also.

so,would you please give me some information about the 32 endpoints in FX3? thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Designing Endpoint is depends on your requirements.

1 Change USB Descriptor for Host side.

Refer Demos for all the descriptor required.

2 Using code below which can be found in SDK demos to set FX3 endpoint.

/* Producer Endpoint configuration */

endPointConfig.enable = 1;

endPointConfig.epType = CY_U3P_USB_EP_BULK;

endPointConfig.burstLen = 1;

endPointConfig.streams = 0;

/* Configure the Endpoint */

apiRetStatus = CyU3PSetEpConfig(CY_FX_EP_PRODUCER,&endPointConfig);

if (apiRetStatus != CY_U3P_SUCCESS)

3 If using DMA, refer the demos and there is callback when you received a packet. You can using it for CPU processing.

How to direct access packet buffer of endpoint using CPU is not known yet.

4 Using GPIF, Auto DMA may handle everything for you. Due to GPIF II is not packet based.

FYI.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!   FIY!

Your reply is very invaluable.

however, in fact,I want to know the architecture of endpoint. If you have the documents about this, Can you email me? my email address is 21032038@zju.edu.cn.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Errr, I have the documents just the same as yours. If you reading them carefully, you could find something interesting but not quite clear.

Another source is reading the firmware examples and firmware including files. They are carefully commented and show lots of things not in the docs.

Currently, I did not see any documents shows internal implementation of the peripheral, like UART, IIC, USB, GPIF II. But docs suggest something about how they are working. Maybe helpful for you if you reading and guessing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Than you!zirconin! You are right, I know how to do it.   
0 Likes