Interfacing PSOC 3 to 8 bit parallel Intel type bus cyles for Wr/Rd to Control registers created in PSOC 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am trying to interface PSOC 3 to 8 bit parallel Intel type bus cycles. Intel type bus cycles as in with 8 bit parallel data pins,5 bit parallel address lines,Chip select(CS) and Rd* and Wr* PINS to write and read to some control registers to be created inside PSOC 3 .

Is there any inbuilt method in PSOC for such an interfacing?

Or do i have to do it by creating interrupts for Chip Select and reading and writing to the control registers using the control register API given in the Control Registers datasheet using the microcontroller's INTERRUPT SERVICE ROUTI

Or could i also do it  by creating a custom verilog component for reading and writing to the registers.

If this interfacing is inbuilt please POST here.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you are trying to implement looks like an external memory interface. For this PSoC Creator will provide a dedicated component called External Memory Interface (EMIF). This component will be available in PSoC Creator 2.0. Some of the salient feature sof this component are:

• 8-, 16-, 24-bit address bus width
  •     
  • 8-, 16-bit data bus width
  •     
  • Supports external synchronous memory
  •     
  • Supports external asynchronous memory
  •     
  • Supports custom interface for memory
  •     
  • Supports a range of speeds of external memories (from 5 to 200 ns)
  •     
  • Supports external memory power-down, sleep, and wakeup modes
  •    
0 Likes