[BCM20736] OTAFU Question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

I prepare two firmware and try to do OTAFU continuously.

But the 2nd OTAFU, it become super slow.

I have to remove the device and add/pair again to make it as fast as the 1st OTAFU.

Is it an expect behaviour?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

boont is correct.  If you look at the message here within the WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows), you will see that it attempts to explain this shortcoming.

Important note related to OTA functionality: Prior to using this functionality, please disable "USB selective suspend" for the Bluetooth radio installed on the PC.  To do so, open Windows Device Manager and Under Bluetooth Radios select the Bluetooth USB Device and display its properties.  In the Power Management tab turn off “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.  Click ok and restart PC.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Fran

Are you currently using SDK 2.2?

thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, SDK2.2.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Fran,

What Client are you using for OTA - Android, iOS or Windows?

Thanks

JT

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 7.

0 Likes

Hi Frank,

Could you explain more details regarding your setup. Are you trying to do OTAFU on two BCM20736 simultaneously ? And you realized one is fast and other is slow( but on unplug and plugging in back it becomes fast) ?

thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vik86,

Only one device, with multiple times upgrade.

The first time is very fast, but the 2nd, 3rd...etc times become super slow.

Best regards,

Fran

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sirs,

I found this effect.

screenshot.png

This function is executed after connected. The speed is changed when doing the OTAFU.

The speed of 1st upgrade is okay but become super slow after that. I print the log and check the time sequence.

The OTAFU's lel2cap_sendConnParamUpdateReq() function is always executed behind.

The phenomenon is like the BT speed can't be adjusted on Windows side or not receive of the speed change request.

Do you have any comment?

0 Likes

i recalled a thread that said something about problematic otafu. Go to windows device manager and locate your bluetooth dongle properties. Can you disable "allow windows to turn it off to save power"? See if it helps...

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

boont is correct.  If you look at the message here within the WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows), you will see that it attempts to explain this shortcoming.

Important note related to OTA functionality: Prior to using this functionality, please disable "USB selective suspend" for the Bluetooth radio installed on the PC.  To do so, open Windows Device Manager and Under Bluetooth Radios select the Bluetooth USB Device and display its properties.  In the Power Management tab turn off “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.  Click ok and restart PC.