Problems with DMA transfer on FX3 and CyUSB driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still encounter instable USB 3.0 connection when using the slave fifo interface http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=55620 with auto DMA transfer on the FX3.

Now I found that if I am using the BulkAutoLoop (C++) Example from Cypress together with 2 kByte Packet size per transfer, no data is received the CyUSB driver crashes. At some point no data is received and then the driver crashes. When I send more than 2 kByte per transfer there is no problem. The DMA buffer on the FX3 is set up to 1x1 kByte.

I suspect that there is a problem with the auto DMA transfer on the FX3 since the behavior changes if I use larger DMA buffer size than 1x1kByte. Also I do not see this problems when using manual DMA transfer mode. With larger DMA buffer size, 2 kByte data packets also fail and I need to send 4 or more kByte. At the same time there has to be an issue in the CyUSB driver since it always crashes when no data is received in the BulkAutoLoop example. Sometimes I even need to restart my computer, sometimes it is good enough to reload the FW on the FX3 Eval Board.

I am using the following HW setup:

FX3 Eval Board Revision “May 2011”, Beta3 SDK

USB Host Controller: ASMedia USB 3.0 controller (Asus P8Z68-V Motherboard)

Thanks for help.

Regards

Silvio

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do test the configurations before we release the utilities. I've not seen this kind of an error scenario due to combination of driver and firmware. Please create a tech support case (MyAccount --> MyCases) so that we can have a deeper look at the issue.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes