Reading attached EEPROM on NX2LP device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks.

I got a custom made board with the NX2LP Device and EEPROM mounted, and i need to replicate this board, as the mechanical board is damaged.

I have ordered all the parts to make a new board, and i had it fabricated.

Unfortunately we lost the source contents of the EEPROM in a recent move in the company.

I have tried the new board with the empty EEPROM and it doesn't work

We currently does not have contact with the original programmer of the software, so we're kinda stuck.

Is there any way to read out the contents of the I2C EEPROM on the old board so i can flash it into the new chip with CyConsole ?

I tried this utility http://www.cypress.com/?rID=49145 but it isn't working, i just get all zero's

And no, taking off the old EEPROM is not an option, we cannot damage or touch the board further (it's part of a big test system)

Thanks in advance !

// Per

Zapro Electronics.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The code example you're referring, as the name suggests is to read from the NAND flash not the EEPROM.

Please open a tech support case (MyAccount->MyCases) so that one of our engineers can take a look at your request.

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The code example you're referring, as the name suggests is to read from the NAND flash not the EEPROM.

Please open a tech support case (MyAccount->MyCases) so that one of our engineers can take a look at your request.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not a major issue.

Just read the EEPROM contents off the chip whilst it is in circuit, but the device is powerd down.

You can use a buspirate, I do it all the time so I can recover controller information from diskdrive pcbs

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, i'll try with a Bus Pirate, i have ordered one today. Thanks!

// Per.

0 Likes