What version of designer had the screen to place objects?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

At one time Cypress had a vesion of designer that created code from objects on the front panel. I am trying to generate SPI code?

0 Likes
3 Replies
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

I did not get what do you mean by "created code from objects on the front panel". Are you referring to UM placed in the device editor window?

There was a detailed SPI application note with multiple code examples which has been removed for updating purpose. I can send you the projects. Please let me know your email address.

Best regards,

Pushek

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Hi,

it were some of the early Designer 4. Versions, where you could drop pre-defined objects and wire them.

I had some experiences with that software and run into a couple of bugs until Cypress depreciated it.

This version of Designer gives me full control over the design and does not hide implementation-specific details in generated source-code.

Seems to be a better choice to write your software yourself instead of having it generated.

Have fun

Bob

0 Likes
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored

Hi, the tool was called PSoC Express and its latest version 3.0 it was part of latest PSoC Designer 5 SP6 here is link(http://www.cypress.com/?rID=34517. I also tried some application. For example it was usefull for creation I2C devices, but as Bob wrote it hase some bugs. And development was stopped.

Radim

0 Likes