PSoC 5 - ADC & -050 Dev Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I noticed that the latest ADC requires external bypassing on pin 0[4] or 0[2] to reach its full speed of 700 KSPS (dropped from the earlier advertised 1MSPS?) However, on the -050 DVK, the hardware schematics depict the connection of the decoupling capacitors at pin 0[3] or 3[2]. Cypress support, are you aware of this?

Alex

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what I see from the PSoC 3 DVK and architecture, it looks like the DVK was designed with the PSoC 3's decoupling structure in mind. I think this will probably need a PCB revision from Cypress to fix for PSoC 5.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I think the capacitors you mean are for the external reference. (At least when I'm looking at page 38, in the box called 'voltage reference') So you would need to add the ADC decoupling condensators on your own.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what I see from the PSoC 3 DVK and architecture, it looks like the DVK was designed with the PSoC 3's decoupling structure in mind. I think this will probably need a PCB revision from Cypress to fix for PSoC 5.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the kits like Kit-050 a user could easily solder the refernce capacitor on the protoarea. I believe both the reference pins for the SAR ADC are brought out in to the proto space.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can use pins P0[2] and P0[4] to which the capacitor is to be connected when internal bypass with capacitor mode is selected.

0 Likes