CY Super-Speed USBSuit other than Windows?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kevin_Lo
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 likes given First comment on KBA

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is there any plan for the FX3 / CYUSB3 driver for Linux?  We believe there are some FX2 designers who would like to migrate design to USB_SS.

Can there be some way Cypress can provide guidance or support for FX3 to work with Linux even through if there might be no offical FX3 non-windows driver release?

Thanks and Regards,

Celery

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, the current LibUSB support USB 3.0 SuperSpeed. So you should be able to use the FX3 on Linux. On Windows we use the WinUSB generic driver with the FX2 and this driver works very well with the FX3 too, speed is also up to 320MB/s. The WinUSB driver makes no difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 as it is abstracted to the host stack.

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

I've used the  LibUSB  driver with the FX3 and while this is within the Windows OS the same driver will work on Linux.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you provide some speed test results under Linux? I only get about 70MBytes/s using Auto_Bulk_Loop firmware. I think it's too slow.

I'm using LibUSB 1.0, Ubuntu & Arch Linux 32Bits/64Bits. And It seems Linux has limited support of burst mode and iso transfer.

thanks.

0 Likes