Cypress Update Manager runs me in circles.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TiMi_264191
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First comment on blog 10 sign-ins

When i use the Update Manager, (ie check for updates) and one is available (psoc programmer), I expect to get an update installed when I click the update button. However, what always happens is: a CyInstaller Update is downloaded and intalled, then I'm given instructions to select the most appropriate installation type (custom, remove or repair). I believe remove is the proper choice but I have yet to get the new updated software. CREATOR help has none for Update Manager.

Would someone clue me in before I turn 80?

Thanks

Tim Miner

Tim Miner
0 Likes
5 Replies
TiMi_264191
Level 4
Level 4

This is an update/correction: I do get the update BUT Update Manager tells me every time I open it that the same program (PSoC Programmer) has an update.

Tim Miner
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Since the update download was too slow last week (900 bytes per second...), I just downloaded the full installer and used it for updating. This worked without any problems.

0 Likes
TiMi_264191
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks but how do I get Cypress Update Manager to work if the network speed is okay.?

TDGM

Tim Miner
0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

The installer should work if you choose "Update" - the idea being that it will replace the old installation with a new version of Programmer. If that does not work please open a support ticket.

-- Mark.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had similar problems with the 'Update' button. It 'updates', restarts PSoC Creator and says the update is availiable again. It eventually worked on about the third or fourth attempt, this scenario has happened more than once.

0 Likes