Welcome new Broadcom WICED Module Partner Connect One...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

For almost 20 years, Connect One is widely regarded as the device networking authority, with many innovative firsts to its credit, including products sold into the medical, security, industrial control, smart grid, asset management and point of sale markets.

Partnering with Broadcom on WICED solutions, Connect One has upgraded the functionality of its products and provides a wide range of form factors using Broadcom technology. Connect One provides chips, modules, device servers and cloud solutions for the IoT/M2M market including applications which require connectivity, security and management solutions. Connect One provides all these capabilities in innovative and cost-effective hardware and software products.

The module hardware solutions provide LAN, WiFi and cellular connectivity options, with security capabilities that utilize the latest SSL3 stacks and WiFi enterprise security. Built into the modules, are two web servers for managing the module communication functions, and for representing and managing the host application. Routing capabilities such as LAN-WiFi, WiFi-Cellular, LAN-Cellular are standard features in Connect One’s WiFi modules. These industrial grade, FCC/CE/IC/Japan, certified modules that utilize a simple AT+i command set that allow any developer to connect his/her product to the network within a few minutes.

WICED Portfolio:

0 Likes
11 Replies
WeidianW_96
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

how to contact with Connect one, where is the location

0 Likes

My apologies.

I should have provided a link to their partner space, which contains contact information: Connect One

0 Likes

thanks for your link !

i check connect one page, just know they have a 43362 module and call G2, but i didn't find module spec and MCU type , what SW feature it have ?

by the way , what is the different between Connect one and other module vendors (For example : USI) ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,

i'd certainly be happy to explain ACKme's offering.

nick

0 Likes

it seems ACK.ME is another module vendor , is it right ?

how to contact with ACK.ME and where is the location ?

I just see Module name and feature specs, can i know the MCU and wifi P/N in the module .

how to get the datasheet of this module ?

0 Likes

ACKme Networks is a Broadcom module partner for both Wi-Fi and BLE modules.

Datasheets for both offerings can be found on their website: https://ack.me/products/Wi_Fi_Modules

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect One's modules provide a simple AT+I API to performing many functions on the network.

They are a kind of "black box" that perform the commands you issue to them.

By issuing AT commands via serial or SPI, you can use sockets, http, SSL, even routing and bridging from LAN/WiFi/Cellular. The modules contain a lot of functionality, for example, 2 embedded web servers. One for managing the module, and one for managing the product it goes into.

you can check it out at www.connectone.com

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could any of Connect One's software (or ACK.me's) be run on BCM943362WCD4? Or for that matter on any other module apart from their own modules?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly, ACKme's primary business model is software licensing. ACKme only provides module solutions to simplify the process.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ndutton,

Please could you confirm that ACKme's software can be run on BCM943362WCD4 or custom board with BCM Wi-Fi module. As far as I understand it can only be run on ACKme's modules such as this.

If so then does ACKme come as SDK? How do you port it on a new hardware?

Oleg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect One's s/w runs only on its own modules, with the idea of providing a complete h/w-s/w solution that is already debugged and certified, ready-to-go into a customer's design.

Connect One is trying to provide and end-to-end solution that also includes a cloud solution for managing a product remotely using the embedded modules.

0 Likes