Mini Prog3 problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I make the second Mini Prog3 bad when I was programming process,the VTARG and GND of  Mini Prog3 is 

Short-circuit. I want to konw why ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you provide us more information about programming setup. What part did you try to program, what borad did you use? Cypress Development kit or custom board ?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you provide us more information about programming setup. What part did you try to program, what borad did you use? Cypress Development kit or custom board ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok,Today I use the third MINI PROG 3,and it is also bad.

First ,I use the MINI PROG 3 to programming process(CY21345) ,and it programming process successful, then I use the Bridge Control Panel to debugging,

then I modify the program (to change  

CSD2X_1_baBtnFThreshold[9] = 80

to

CSD2X_1_baBtnFThreshold[9] = 60)after close the Bridge Control Panel;

and ,last I programming process(CY21345)  again ,Programming can not be programmed to go a half, this time is when the MINI PROG3 is broken;

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is best to raise a case for cypress and give them as much information as possible.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok,Today I use the third MINI PROG 3,and it is also bad.

First ,I use the MINI PROG 3 to programming process(CY21345) ,and it programming process successful, then I use the Bridge Control Panel to debugging,

then I modify the program (to change  

CSD2X_1_baBtnFThreshold[9] = 80

to

CSD2X_1_baBtnFThreshold[9] = 60)after close the Bridge Control Panel;

and ,last I programming process(CY21345)  again ,Programming can not be programmed to go a half, this time is when the MINI PROG3 is broken;

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you issue a case to Cypress?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi xiaoyuec,

Please create a case with the Cypress Technical Support.

You can create a case here https://secure.cypress.com/myaccount/?id=25&createCase=techSupport

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I said to  Future Electronics (ShangHai) C0.,LTD Branch ,and they say do not know why ,mabye my hand have power or wrong operation or wrong connection ~~~

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any signal that would feed to the programmer, do you use vtag to supply power to some circuits? Do you use the ICE for debugging? You can post you circuit for us to have a look.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, These are some things you might want to try to get the issue resolved:

• Are you using a custom board. 
  •     
  • According to your statement, you have the I2C bridge open. This means the device might be acquired by I2C bridge. Could you confirm that the device is disconnected from I2C bridge and connected to the programmer.
  •    
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my situation now.

can I have the mini prog3 schematic? I want to modify the mini prog3~~~I think the mini prog3 is not bad very much,becase I give the mini prog3 power the target power LED of the mini prog3 is right,but it always say the target board does not have power~~~~

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please raise a CRM request with Cypress to get your issue resolved.

0 Likes