About the missing SDcard module again...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really interested to find out whether there is any actual work in progress on bringing the SD card support in PSoC Designer again.

The matter has been discussed many times, the users clearly wanted the UM back as in today's world any lack of support of large memory such as the SD cards is a huge disadvantage for the platform.

It is well known there has been some issues with the module, yet Cypress show disturbing reluctance to fix them quickly and return it back in use? I would like to know is the reason market-related, something like by taking away functionality from PSoC1 to make an attempt to force the users to switch to PSoC3 or 5? If that is the case, well that's really bad as PSoC1 has significant support by developers who for one reason or another can't or don't want to switch to 8051 or ARM platforms.

There is no tools to make petitions in this forum, but in any case I would like to find out what the real situation is.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just revived an old project based on PSoC1, this time after upgrading to Designer 5.2.

Tons of errors during compilation, what goes on...? After having spent 1/2 a day on getting back into the mechanics of the construction, realized that the SD card SPI module was missing. Then Googled and found this thread.

What a bummer! We have a stack of PCB's etched for this project that we have to ditch now it seems.

Why oh why, do Cypress remove functionality that users have become dependant on?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I talked to a friend @ CY recently and he mentioned that the module will be comming for PSoC 3/5 but probably not return for PSoC 1.

Hope there will be a post from Cypress here as well.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There hasn't been any response from Cypress. This is a good indication of the planned fate of that module and maybe the PSoC1 platform in general...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just revived an old project based on PSoC1, this time after upgrading to Designer 5.2.

Tons of errors during compilation, what goes on...? After having spent 1/2 a day on getting back into the mechanics of the construction, realized that the SD card SPI module was missing. Then Googled and found this thread.

What a bummer! We have a stack of PCB's etched for this project that we have to ditch now it seems.

Why oh why, do Cypress remove functionality that users have become dependant on?

0 Likes