Problem using PSoC5 First touch Starter kit CY8CKIT-014

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jj_290241
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

I have being using PSoc Creator 1.0 service pack 2, with my  PSoC5 First Touch Starter Kit CY8CKIT-014 and i have being able to debug my programs without any problem, but now that I am using PSoC Creator 2.0 and i try to debug my program, the software open a window that says:

dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Remote communication error: No error.)

I noted that in the options menu, program/debug my First Touch Kit5 does not appear in the list. 

If I back to the Psoc Creator 1.0 I can debug my programs.

What should I do in order to be able to debug my programs using PSoc Creator 2.0?

My operating system is Windows XP professional Service Pack 3

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Get in contact with the technical staff. I'm sure they'd already found a couple of solutions.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I had the same problem. It turned out, that my windows-username contained a non-ASCII character which led to that error.

I created a new user (Named "TestPSoC") and when logged in to that user I could program and debug again. Renaming the non-ASCII username did NOT work!

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you place raise a technical support case with Cypress support, so that it gets more priority and gets resolved sooner.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I DID file a case already (and it was markes as "solved" for me) but there might be other reasons when this particular error occurs. So if the non-ASCII-character-in-username is not the source of your problem, DO file a technical support case.

Bob

0 Likes
jj_290241
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Bob and U2, 

I have done a test as you said, but it did not work, I have allready made a case (1094818805), to find the solution to this problem.

Regards.

0 Likes
VlYe_281166
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Exactly the same problem.

Works fine on Win7 notebook and fail under WinXP SP3 on CY8CKIT-050. Both on board debugger and MiniProg3 can't ener in debug mode.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Get in contact with the technical staff. I'm sure they'd already found a couple of solutions.

Bob

0 Likes