PSoC3 CY8CKIT-001 and CY3271-EXP1 PSoC Weather Station

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Can someone please help me, I would like to program the CY3271-EXP1 PSoC Weather Station board by using MiniProg3 so that I can take the reading of surrounding light intensity and then sent the reading through serial comms to an application I wrote and stored the data then draw it out into a graph. May I know if this is do-able using PSoC Creator 2.0 instead of PSoC Designer?? May i know how to setup the Weather Station with the miniprog3 and how to make the Weather Station Board work? I tried to connect Pin 1,3,5,7,9 of the Weather Station Board to the Miniprog3 5-Pin Interface but when i select debug target PSoC Creator 2.0 could not detect any device.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It is not very helpful when you double-post your question in different forums, I'm sure you won't get better / faster answeres.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CY Kit 3271 is a PSoC1 based kit. PSoC Creator can be used to program PSoC3 and PSoC5 devices only. Yes you will definitely not be able to find a debug target from PSoC Creator when you connect to a 3271 because the device is not supported y the software. I believe that there is a dedicated weather monitor application associated with the kit if I am not wrong. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the double posting as i'm not sure where should i put my problem at. There is a dedicated software appliation that is provided to monitor the CY 32271-EXP1 and if i want to program something to it i understand that i have to use PSoC Designer. And i'm told that PSoC Designer only works with PSoC 1 and not PSoC 3. So if my development board is in PSoC 3 is there anyway things might works between PSoC3 and the CY3271-EXP1?

0 Likes