PSoc5 & Wireless Communications (CyFi - CYRF6936)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Does anyone know if there are any driver for wireless communications with PSoC5 (CyFi :CYRF6936  CYRF7936) ?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jestes,

The wireless chip CyRF6936, CyRF7936 has Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI). A PSoC5 project can be built which has SPI master to set the registers as per your requirement and then start communication.

You can refer to the datasheets of CyRF6936 and CyRF7936 for details on the registers to be modified.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cypress have any example code (PSoC3/PSoC5 and CyFi - CYRF6936)?

0 Likes
PalaniS_56
Employee
Employee

You may want to also contact Artaflex, a design partner of Cypress to see what they have. They sell modules for Cypress RF chips and might be able to provide a protocol stack that could work depending on your needs. You can contact them at http://artaflexmodules.com/.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I do have some code for the PSoC3 in that direction,and would be glad to share it with you,but only problem is,I havent got time since last I wrote it to properly debug and clean it(i.e its not very robust and definitely not production level),so perhaps you could do that.Porting it to the PSoC5 shouldnt be an issue.

drop me an email at kmmankad at gmail dot com.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Approach I implemented while writing that code(and you can too) is I studied the code given here( http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14467 ),(which is in M8C ASM,and wrote equivalents for it in C)

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thing I just recalled that could help you out,is the code and a great explanation given here:

sites.google.com/site/mrdunk/interfacing-cypress-cyrf6936-to-avr-microcontrollers

Though its for AVRs,you can still read the code and documentation on the author's site to get an idea of what you need to do.He has really spelt out the uncertain process of setting registers on the chip clearly. All the best !

0 Likes
JECA_264511
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked

HI.

i attached to this post a examle code, i made a wireless communication between two dvk 001 , one with psoc3 processor module and another with psoc 5 processor module.

best  regards.

jesus

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jesusantoniocard,

That's awesome !

I guess you forgot / were unable to upload the project. If you are having difficluty in uploading the project, you can email it to me at dasg@cypress.com

The project will be posted here on your behalf.

0 Likes
JECA_264511
Level 3
Level 3

have a  good day.

i  sent the project to dasg@cypress.com, inside to the file i setn two videos.

best regards.

jesus

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JECA_264511
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

i attach too  the datasheet for the AW24p wireless module to the connection  in the kit.

best regards.

Jesus Antonio Cardona Jaramillo

Electronics Engineer.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.

Uploading the projects on behalf of  jesusantoniocard.

0 Likes