Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I am working with PSoC5 Family 55 (right now with KIT 050). For propagation of error calculation I need some values of the Delta-Sigma ADC.

Unfortunalty in the Datasheet the values are not given, or only given for 16 Bit (for instance.)

I am using the ADC with the following configuration: single ended, 17 Bit 11830 sps, internal reference 1.024V * 2 (internal bypassed), Buffergain 1, Levelshift.

For this configuration I need to know SINAD, RMS Noise and RMS Amplitude to calculate noiseless resolution and effective resolution.

Somebody can help me with that? Is there an extended datasheet of the Delta-Sigma ADC? 

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thomas

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thomas,

In order to what you want to achieve we are releasing a tool which is called, "Cypress Analog System Performace Analyser". This will give you an estimate of RMS noise SINAD and rest of it. I am attaching the PSoC3 project and the tool here for your benefit. Use this tool to estimate what you need. Also note that this tool can be used for any other analog system involving PSoC3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds very interesting.. I think you are doing very well by releasing such a tool.

Unfortunatley I can not see an attachment. Also I need the information for a PSoC 5 device. Does the tool also allow calculation for it?

Thanks, Thomas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attaching the GUI, The PSoC3 project and the PSoC5 project. Let us know if you have any queries.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there, there seems to be some problem with the other browser. I am uploading the file now.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes