I'm trying to use assembly code in PSoC5....

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I use assembly code in PSoC5??

Where is the PSoC5 assembly document??

I can't find PSoC5 assembly document.....

There are many PSoC1, 3 assembly document in www.cypress.com,

but There are not PSoC5 assembly document in www.cypress.com

Could you tell me where  PSoC5 assembly documents are??

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

eso digo yo , como se usa el assembler

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Hi pepe,

to help and follow up your post, can you please try to use English language? I think most of us members do not speak (rather:write) english as their native language, so just try it.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The Arm Cortex ist a risc-machine (risc: reduced instruction-set cpu) and as an extra it is a three-address-cpu. The latter means, you may have instructions like "Add register1 and register5 and put thre result into register3"  making programming in assembly not even easier.

Look here http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.qrc0001l/QRC0001_UAL.pdf

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, it is good practice to open a new topic when a thread has been dead for several months.

Assembler has not so much to do with PSoC 5 but with the core used. The core is a Cortex-M3 from ARM. You need to consult the ARM.com website for the instruction set manual.

PSoC 1 is different because the core M8C is a Cypress product too, that's why Cypress also provides ASM documents for the PSoC 1.

In general I highly discourage you to use ASM for PSoC 5, especially if Pepe post that he wants the forum to show him how to use ASM. For Assembler experts, PSoC 5 would be a real challenge, for ASM newbies.......  not going to happen.

Cheers, Robert

0 Likes