interfacing keypad to psoc1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I' ve been trying to write the code for a 8 by 7 keypad using polling method . The problem is that I have all the coloumns connected to 4.7K external pull up resistors. And I cant able to find out which drive mode to be set for both cols. & rows. I have tried every possible combination. Pls suggest which should be used and also pls verify my code. The project is attached below.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest not to use external resistors (if that is possible), otherwise you have a voltage divider between the internal pullup resistor and the external. This will result in a voltage that is neither High nor Low.

Bob

PS: I've posted some time ago a solution for a 3x4 matrix keyboard for PSoC3 and PSoC5. Just for your understanding have a look at it (with PSoC Creator 2.0) Search for "matrix" here or in the PSoCDeveloper forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only problem is I cannot able to make a key's  coloumn low and row high at the same time. Help me with the driving mode for the coloumn and row of the keys

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest not to use external resistors (if that is possible), otherwise you have a voltage divider between the internal pullup resistor and the external. This will result in a voltage that is neither High nor Low.

Bob

PS: I've posted some time ago a solution for a 3x4 matrix keyboard for PSoC3 and PSoC5. Just for your understanding have a look at it (with PSoC Creator 2.0) Search for "matrix" here or in the PSoCDeveloper forum.

0 Likes