PassKey engine is still not working in SDK 2.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just try SDK 2.2 installer (windows version) and test hello-sensor as attached log.

When handset is connected with device, handset top line shows "bluetooth pairing request"
but it didnt pop out with security passkey window for me to input the key and then successfully
connected with device. Is it still working... confused now. TKS.

from log, there is no security flow related with passkey and bond is failed.
I just uncomment the
#define PASSKEY_PAIRING

and any other modifications?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Using SDK 2.2 and the included Hello_Sensor application, I tested Passkey with the LightBlue application for iOS and the feature now appears to work as expected on SDK 2.2.

All I changed was the following line in Hello_Sensor.c:

// Uncomment the following line to enable passkey pairing. Change passKey[] below to the desired key.

#define PASSKEY_PAIRING

passkey.png

On your handset, you may want to find the connection that was previously made and tell the device to 'forget this device' as it is possible that the board you are using is on the Whitelist, so the Passkey is no longer needed.

You could also try changing the Passkey within the application to something other than 123456 (default we provide in Hello_Sensor).

Here is  123457 (note that the value is provided in Little Endian):

{0x41, 0xE2, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00};

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

May i know where to get SDK 2.2 release note...? thx

0 Likes

You can refer to the readme.txt file within the sdk itself for the new features.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Using SDK 2.2 and the included Hello_Sensor application, I tested Passkey with the LightBlue application for iOS and the feature now appears to work as expected on SDK 2.2.

All I changed was the following line in Hello_Sensor.c:

// Uncomment the following line to enable passkey pairing. Change passKey[] below to the desired key.

#define PASSKEY_PAIRING

passkey.png

On your handset, you may want to find the connection that was previously made and tell the device to 'forget this device' as it is possible that the board you are using is on the Whitelist, so the Passkey is no longer needed.

You could also try changing the Passkey within the application to something other than 123456 (default we provide in Hello_Sensor).

Here is  123457 (note that the value is provided in Little Endian):

{0x41, 0xE2, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00};

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, mwf_mmfae,

Thanks,

so after checking, I find,

- my current handset has ever set passkey and so handset shows "pariing request" but no pop-up input space
for me to set it. And do u know where to tell handset to forget its record while I am using ANDROID handset.

- Previously when I tested with SDK 2.0.x, I can re-build a firmware with different MAC and it can request
handset to re-input passkey. But in SDK2.2, it can not reset phone's security key.

- In SDK 2.2 with Android handset by hello-sensor(security enabled), I find, once handset is disconnected
via BLE apk, I can not re-scan this device again and I have to disable/enable phone bluetooth again which
it's not working like that in SDK2.2.1. Any problem of it? TKS.

0 Likes

I'm not sure which Android device you are using, but I have a galaxy S3 and I do not see the issue.

To unpair the bluetooth device on your android phone, go to Settings --> Bluetooth(On)--> Parired Devices

Under Paired Devices look for the device and choose the settings and choose unpair.

thnx

vik86