External Memory Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArBh_290401
Level 1
Level 1

I intend to use an external RAM with a PSoc3 chip. I find EMI component is available in the standard component library.

And it has got  ADDRESS , DATA and CONTROL type of I/Os. There are total five(5) I/Os are given without any detail .

The standard controls required for such interface are  CE,OE and WR.  However, to my surprise I coundn't  find any hint

about the usages of the 5 Control pins in the component data sheet. So,  when I sit with the hardware design I am not sure about the pin assignments.  And I don't find any example on EMI as well.  Also , I am not sure about the software implementation  of the EMI. Can I get some help on this issue?

Regards.

A.R.Bhattacharya. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi A.R.Bhattacharya,

You can find Asynchronous External Memory Interface component under the External Memory Interface folder.

This component has Chip Enable (cen), Output Enable (oen) and Write Enable (wen) terminals.

The component datasheet illustrates how the configuration window should be used.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can find an example project by right clicking on this component in the component catalog and selecting "Find Example Project".

You can modify the existing project according to your requirement.

0 Likes
ArBh_290401
Level 1
Level 1

Please note that  I am not able to find   any Asynchronous Memory folder  in PSoC 1.0 Creator component library. Please advise.

Regards.

A.R.Bhattacharya.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Arup,

Please update to PSoC Creator 2.0

You can download it from here http://www.cypress.com/?id=2494&source=home_documentation

0 Likes