Multi FX2 devices parallel access

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 FX2 devices with different PIDs. Is it possible to open 2 of them for parallel control. If it so please advice how to do it

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, It is. Please explain your requirement in detail so that we can help you more.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, It is. Please explain your requirement in detail so that we can help you more.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PRJI, thanks for your help.

Here is the situation: I have 2 controller boards which use CY7C68013A for controlling communication with PC. They are the same VID but different PID, thus CyUSB can recognize them through their PID. I have no problem control each board one of a time, but if I try to control both of them in parallel by using 2 separate threads for each device, then runtime error issues happen. I lose the board control randomly (timeout). Seem to me that I just can take control on one board at a time.

On the app not of CyAPI, I find that if I open one device then it will call close() first if there is any open. This could be my problem since I try to open the handle for 2 devices in their thread. Thus if I open device 1 then will close then handle of device 2 if devece 2's opened --> lose the control of the device 2 control.

I really don't know how to work around on the issue. Is there any way to get a separate handle for each device?

Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It can be done. Please create a tech support case at Support>Technical Support>Create my case: so that one of our Engineers can help you on this.

0 Likes