Installing PSoC Creator and the First Touch 003 Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to install PSoC Creator and the FirstTouch Kit for PSoC3 (CYC8KIT-003)

PSoC Creator seems to be installed OK, but when I try to install the PSoC 3 FirstTouch Starter Kit, I'm hitting a problem during the prerequsites stage.

The installer shows one of the prerequisites as Keil Compiler, and give a link to download it, but the download link does not work.

I installed PSoC Creator from the ISO image donwloaded from this site.

Where can I download the Keil Compiler component?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved this issue myself.

But for the benefit of the dev team and others:

The problem wasn't that Keil C51 was not installed, as it happens it was! However the registry keys which specify the location of the install were missing. I manually added the registry keys and the prerequisites now pass and the kit installer now works.

Projects build and run successfully too.

I think the problem is that the PSoC Creator install did not create the registry keys, possibly due to this being a 64 bit install of windows 7 into a virtual machine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also say, one issue still remains - the 'Download' link given in the Kit installer to download KEIL doesn't work. I have worked around it, but others might still get caught out 😉

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please update your psoc creator to get latest library and latest component packs.

If u have latest updates then I think there no issue in installing the first touch starter kit plug and you are ready to go.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

To latest updates and software related to psoc first touch cypress kit

Go to link:http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38235

Install latest updates for best performance and working

0 Likes