Simply boot from the firmware on EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Maybe this is a very primitive question but I need help.I want to boot up DVK board from EEPROM(24FC256) via I2c. What I did was below: 1.Edit vid/pid of slavefifosync sample 2.Add '-i2cconf 0a' option to elf2img.exe 3.Built project,burned .img file to EEPROM(offset 0) via ROM writer 4.Set switches to: J97=2-3 connected SW25=off/off/off/off (I guess pmode will be F1F) SW40=on/on/on/off (I guess the ROM address will be 0) Anyway,it didn't work.When I loaded the firmware on the RAM via USB control center it worked correctly.What was wrong?Or is there anything I have to do more? I wish someone will reply to me...   
0 Likes
5 Replies
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

A 32KB (256Kb) eeprom  is not  big enough for the Slave Fifo example. I think you willl need two 128KB eeproms.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        >>Sodafarl Thank you for quick reply. EEPROM size is still small even if .img file size was 146 kB by debug build? If I boot from EEPROM,it works like XIP? I thought the firmware code would be transfered to the SRAM before start...silly:-p Anyway,I should to try. Thank you again!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Well,I spent a special Saturday night with Ms.DVK and now I know what means Sodafarl's reply. Maybe I should to think about SPI-Flash way via boot_fw method. So I'm tying to load .img on flash memory but the control center doesn't work properly. When I choose program-FX3-SPI FLASH,message "Programming of Boot Programmer Failed" shown and transfer status is "Code:997". My setting is below: SW25=off/off/on/off J96,98 and 101 to 104 are 2-3 short J97 is free Win7/64 with SDK1.1 and USBSuiteB403 If someone knows what is wrong,please help me.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        By the way,another question. How can I put CR-LF on this BBS?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I'm sorry I didn't read old posts exactly. When I connected the USB board as 2.0 then SPI flash writing function on the control center worked properly. Anyway,I can sleep tonight...   
0 Likes