PSoC5 fitting problems on PSoC Creator 2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I've developed a project for a PSoC5 device using PSoC Creator 1.0 and after I tryed to design the same project using PSoC Creator 2.

With PSoC creator 1.0 all the hardware resources was correctly fitted into the device, while PSoC Creator 2 gives an error message in which says that there are insufficient UDB for the fitting.

Among the other components present in the project there is also an UART block, configured as simple UART.

In PSoC Creator 2 if I remove this block the fitting procedure is completed succesfully.

In the .rpt file the resources available are enough to introduce an UART configured as simple UART but introducing it the fitting procedure goes fail.

If I try to introduce the UART block configured as half-duplex usart, the fitting is succesfully completed.

What can be the problem ?

Is this problem due to the different implementation of the USART block in both versions?

There are resources permanently allocated to the EMIF block even if this is not used ?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there. Can you attach your project here for the rest of the world to see the project and debug ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your support but unfortunately I can't attach here my project here, due to the policy of the company where I work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing that I could suggest is, if your pin connections are not finalised try to reassign the pins connected to different components and rebuild the project. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

we also have exactly the same problem in 3 of our projects. We posted the problem to Cypress - hope the guys will react ASAP.

This "feature" is the ultimate show stopper for the most of our projects.

It is exactly as you wrote: When adding the RX-pin to the UART-component, the fitter always stops digital fitting with the Error 11. We use the  PSOC3 3666-AXI52 (and we ordered allready several thousands of them)
- Im very curious when we get the solution!!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your IO configuration, if the I/O pin doesn't need to be synchorize, untick it from the selction. This may help.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You can also try to unpin all of your external connections. Then the compiler will try to find an assignment for them, and you will see whether your design fits at all. Sometimes you just run into restrictions with regard to the pin capabilities (one example from the PSoC5: some OpAmp pins are shared with the ADC refernce decoupling pin, so you cannot have both in the same design).

If your design is fitted sucessfully, you can try to re-arrange the pins one by one, and see what the problem is. There is also an AppNote describing the IO pins capabilities, you might to check this to see what special features you use and need, and to understand the limitations.

0 Likes
DaWe_291306
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked 5 replies posted

I had a similar problem porting  my design and the problem was that the RX Address Configuration under the advanced tab seemed to default to a value other than 'None' which consumed a lot more UDB blocks.  I don't need address detection, so I selected 'None' and my design fit again. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

lleung's suggestion is right. Some of the synchronisation blocks are implemented in UDB and this might consume additional resource.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also try to compare the UART components in the Creator 1.0 project and Creator 2.0 project. Find out what changed play around with these and fix the issue.

0 Likes