FX3 throughput performance video

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fellow enthusiasts,

Please find the FX3 throughput performance video at http://www.cypress.com/?rID=59492 .

Cheers,

Anand

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to get a copy of the FX3 firmware sourcecode used in this performance video ?

Thanks.

Ian

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

I agree - it would be a good idea  to get the throughput firmware. With the existing SlaveFifo firmware the maximum bandwidth I have seen is 127MBs. It would be good to compare the two.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youn can simply change the Slave FIFO example to 16 packets per Burst and DMA Auto Mode to achieve transfer rates of ~320MB/s (on PCI 2.0 Host controller and 100MHz PCLK).

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Chris_R,

I tried what you suggested and I still could only get around 127MBs. I will try this on a x64 Win 7 machine  sometime, but for now my limit is 127MBs. So it would be good to get a look at the throughput performance firmware.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a PCI 2.0 USB 3.0 host controller installed? With my HP (PCIe 1.1) machine I also can reach only ~130MB/s.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean PCIe 2.0

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

In a PCIe 1.0 computer I was getting 90MBs while on a PCIe 2.0 computer I got the 127MBs. I had other problems with the FX3 and did not have time to look further at the data bandwidth issue - also 127MBs is enough for now but I would like to see how far this can be pushed. It would be good to know what data bandwidths other people are seeing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a beta code used just for that testing. I've raised a request to add this part of the SDK. Will keep you guys posted on when it'll be available for download.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes