Mesh Networking

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

while we have been able to get ahead with the basic functionality of our application (based on the bcm20732s) we have also noticed that propagation conditions inside a building differ dramatically from our results we got from open space. We suspect that increasing output power will defeat the low energy idea and therefore we would like to look into using a Mesh network.

I have not found any specific mesh application in the 2.0 sdk yet, only the client examples. I would be happy if you could point me to any bits of information you have on the topic. Your competition has come up with some broadcast + flooding based mesh network, I'm not sure whether we would like to have that.

I hope you can help.

Best Regards,

Kilian

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Our goal is to be able to provide a Mesh demo sometime during the 3rd quarter of this year (HW platform/Slide Deck) with support via the SDK in a point release that should follow in the 4th quarter.

Unfortunately, at this particular time, there is nothing we can provide.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Our goal is to be able to provide a Mesh demo sometime during the 3rd quarter of this year (HW platform/Slide Deck) with support via the SDK in a point release that should follow in the 4th quarter.

Unfortunately, at this particular time, there is nothing we can provide.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information I'll pass it on to management.

Regards,

Kilian

0 Likes

Note that Mesh will only be supported on the BCM20737S.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were pondering of extending the range of our BCM20732S device with some form of range extender nodes which could use mesh networking to communicate with a Host. Good to hear about the fact that the 20737S will support it and not the 20736S.

Regards,

Kilian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does BCM20737 support? Not BCM20737S.

0 Likes

Both the 20737 SOC and Module. Note that the SOC is the actual device used on the TAG3 development board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK 3.0?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No SDK 2.0

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

kim7tin

Is this off some of the examples or did you did this custom?

Can you get them all to speak with one-another without the phones?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this is my project, all talk to each other through adv data (scan response data) not connect except android phone connect to bcm 20736S.

Phone only used to create a console!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really cool. Are you able to share the code? Would be great to play around with it...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not share because my hard drive crash.

However, I can guide you to do what I did.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great... Did you base it off an example(s) in one of the SDKs?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi kilian.timmler@exelonix.com kim7tin

I was wondering if you could help me with discovering how to see advertisment data in firmware? I have a device (mybeacon example) giving out advertisements and I am able to modify those advertisements to my desire. However, I am unsure how to collect that information in firmware on another BCM2073XS

Best,

George

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

you can have a look at the hello_client example to figure out how to configure the central role functionality. At some point in the code you will find:

blecm_RegleAdvReportCb(

(BLECM_FUNC_WITH_PARAM) hello_client_advertisement_report);

where you register a callback for received advertisments during scanning. I played with it some time ago so I have no good memory about my results but I did receive advertisments.

Regards,

Kilian