BootloaderHost Application download

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kemic_264446
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

I have searched the Cypress site, but I can't find BootloaderHost as a stand alone download.

I was hoping that it was available stand alone, since I don't really want my field engineers to have to have complete versions of PSoC Creator installed just so they can do field upgrades of firmware.

Does anyone know if/where BoorloaderHost can be downloaded or if it can be installed without PSoC Creator?

Many thanks.

Kenny

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bootloader Host tool comes bundled with PSoC Creator installation. It can not run as a stand alone GUI.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't want to install the complete version, you can extract the psoc_creator.exe and install PSoC_Creator_installer.msi. This msi installs the basic creator and does include the Host tool. I'm not sure if there is a plan to provide this tool independent of creator as users are likely to create their own tool !

Note: This msi installation doesn't not install the component libraries, example projects, compilers etc.

Thanks,

srim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know,the USB Bootloader appnote has an equivalent tool,with source.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

After receiving help from my customer base with VS 2015 programming (which I a far from knowledgeable about), attached is the complete source for a working stand alone bootloader host.   It has been tested on a clean (only default installation) Windows 10 machine.  NOTE: the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) must also be installed on the target host machine. 

Regards,

Ron

0 Likes
NguyenSimon
Employee
Employee
First reply posted Welcome!

This tool only work for KitProg but not for KitProg3

0 Likes