PSoC5 General USB problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

A general USBFS has been configured and programmed on CY8CKIT-001 with a Module kit CY8CKIT-010.

The USBFS configurations, Clock settings and codes were folloing the example project of "USBFS-Bulk-Wraparound" but Chip is CYC5568AXI-060.

The problem is that the USB on the CY8CKIT-001 is connected to PC then "Unkown Device" appeares on device manager's USB controller. 

However, an example project of   EX4_USB_HID has been tried and worked properly.

Could anyone help me sort this problem out? My project needs a general USB interface, not USBHID.

Many thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. For some reason the USB_Bulk_Wraparound does not work on PSoC 5 board even when the clock has been set as shown on the pdf for USBFS for PSoC 5. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used PSoC3 (CY8CKIT-009) for doing the general USBFS interface as same as the PSoC 5 doing. It worked properly.

Therefore I suspect that there may be some faults of the hardware of CY8CKIT-010, bugs in the component of USBFS in PSoC Creator or bugs in the driver of cyusb.sys.

Could Cypress engineers adivise me how to deal with the problem of General USBFS interface with PSoC 5?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. For some reason the USB_Bulk_Wraparound does not work on PSoC 5 board even when the clock has been set as shown on the pdf for USBFS for PSoC 5. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is generally recommended to use an external crystal for PSoC5 for USB to work reliably. This is mandatory requirement from PSoC Creator 2.0, please see this link,     . You need to have the crytal and the capacitors mounted for the project to work. Please verify if your crystal is present. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ananta,

The problem using USB has sorted out. The problem causesd by some bugs in the USB component. The latest version of the USB component has got rid of the bugs.

My suggestion to you is to reintall the latest version of PSoc Creator 2.0 and make sure that the USB component is also the latest version. 

Qingshan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the head up Qingshan !

0 Likes